Thursday, December 20, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Going Home

Okay, I admit I've been a total slacker at blogging this week. Yesterday was our big holiday party at work, which I coordinated, so I was busy with that, and tomorrow we leave for the states! I can't believe I get to spend two whole weeks in the USA. It's going to be awesome (although I'm already dreading coming back). I can't wait to see my family, eat my favorite foods, and thaw. Slightly. Sort of wishing my parents' house wasn't in Montana right about now.

For the next couple weeks, I'm going to be working on revising my novel for the Pitch Wars alternates showcase. We get our first page and a 35-word pitch posted for the agents to see, the same as the winners, but there's no guarantee the agents will look at ours; plus we don't get mentors, which is a major advantage for obvious reasons. Aside from that, I'll be attempting to relax (not my strong suit) and catching up with Sarah, even though we talk every day anyway. Seriously, I can't wait to see my sister. It's worth the heinous flying schedule. I think.

This year, Jackie didn't get to meet "Santa," but he did get to meet Ded Moroz, aka Father Frost, aka Russian Santa. Actually, it was our IT guy, Carlos, dressed up as Russian Santa, which was pretty awesome.


Jack asked for a "hairplane" repeatedly because the kid in front of him got an airplane. Never mind that someone had just given him that little military truck on the floor for his birthday and he got a giant box of chocolate from Ded Moroz. In his defense, he was the only American kid there and Snegurochka, aka the Snow Maiden, aka Ded Moroz's granddaughter, performed for an hour and Jack (and I) had no idea what was going on. Still, we need to work on this kid's manners. Good thing Auntie Jennifer will be around to school him next week.

I'm not sure what my blogging schedule will be, but just in case, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels and a very Merry Christmas to you. Montana-- yeah not sure it will be a tropical heatwave. :) Hopefully some gorgeous sunny days though.

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see you either!! AHHHHHH! (be safe)