Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Yelena Bryksenkova

I found this amazing artist through a winding road on Pinterest that shan't be described here, but I'm in love. Yelena Bryksenkova is from Russia, so many of her pieces have a folklorey feel to them (like how I'm making up words here?). You can find a few items available for sale on her Etsy page, and she blogs here, and has a website here. I'll let her artwork speak for itself.

"Margarita" by Yelena Bryksenkova
This print, entitled "Margarita," is available on Etsy. Yelena's description: "a magical scene from mikhail bulgakov's novel 'the master and margarita': a naked and liberated margarita soars on a broom through the night sky, above the twinkling lights of 1930s moscow." Isn't it fabulous?

Yelena also contributed to this adorable cookbook, Fairytale Food. I want!

"Snow White" from Fairytale Food
I am especially enamored with these postcards. I love when things are cute AND useful!

Fairytale postcard set - only $10 for 8!
Stuff like this makes me so excited for Russia. Yay!

2 comments:

towelspacked said...

Have you read The Master and Margarita? Such a fabulous book.

Mara Rae said...

No! But I definitely will! Thanks for the recommendation :)