Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Eddie Redmayne

I usually stick to things I love on Thursday, not people, but Eddie Redmayne is just so damn cute, I think it's worth mentioning. I've had a crush on him since his brief appearance in "The Other Boleyn Girl," but his role in "The Pillars of the Earth" miniseries was the clincher. What is it about Eddie that makes him be constantly cast as "the nice guy?" I'm not sure, but I'm not arguing.

We rented "My Week With Marilyn" a couple of weeks ago, and I'll be honest, Eddie made the movie for me. Michelle Williams was obviously brilliant as Marilyn Monroe, but it's Eddie's innocence and naivete that make him so darn lovable. He was the perfect choice for the role of a star-struck young man trying to make it in the film industry. He only spends one week with Marilyn, but you actually believe that he's fallen in love with her in that time. In the meantime, you've fallen in love with him.

Yes, I have a thing for good guys, but Eddie's looks certainly aren't hurting. If you've seen him in the Burberry ads, you know what I'm talking about.



I've also noticed in my, ahem, research, that Eddie seems like a genuinely nice human being, which is why he's the perfect casting choice for the best friend in my new book (a younger version, of course). I wouldn't exactly call myself a "Redmayniac" - I'll leave that to more his more obsessed devoted followers - but I'm definitely a fan.

No comments: