Thursday, March 29, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Compendium, Inc. Stationery

You know how when you're in line at a bargain store like Marshall's or TJ Maxx, they like to bombard you with last minute things you never knew you needed but suddenly have to have? They designed that set-up for suckers like me. And the other day, true to form, I was checking out at TJ Maxx with nothing more than a pair of kitten-shaped hand-warmers (which I only bought for Jack because he'd been playing with them for the past twenty minutes and had most likely sucked on one of them at some point), when a package of stationery caught my eye. There was a fox in a top hat leaping across the bottom of the page, above the quote, "Imagination rules the world."

Put a woodland critter on stationery and you've already got my attention. Add a whale wearing a tiny crown and I'm sold.



Of course, I also had to have the yellow notebook with the vintage-looking roller-skates on the front, accompanied by the words "Go. See. Do." And just like that, my simple $4 purchase had somehow become $20.

Compendium, Inc. is a Seattle-based company, and their website, live-inspired.com, kind of says it all. They're quickly becoming my favorite small press (although Chronicle Books will always have a very special place in my heart). I'm dying to get my mitts on this adorable journal:

 



 And I think I've just found my new motto:


And that's what I'm loving this Thursday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Soooo funny - I almost bought that very same package of journals at the Marshall's near me while in the checkout line on Saturday! It took a lot of willpower to put that thing down. Now you'll have to share with me :)

Mara Rae said...

Well it's a damn good thing you didn't buy them, since I'm planning on sharing them with you and Kim!

Hope Roberson said...

Those are lovely and inspiring!