Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays: Kale Chips, and My Snuggie

This week I am presenting two things that I thought I'd hate and have come to love. First, kale chips. Sounds gross, I know. But some genius has figured out a way to make this "super food" taste absolutely scrumptious. There are other great brands out there, but I like Brad's Raw Leafy Kale because the packaging keeps the little chips from getting smashed.

Just trust me, okay?
My favorite flavor is Naked. John likes the spicy jalapeno flavor. Vampire Killer is great too, but make sure everyone around you is also partaking, or it won't just be vampires you keep at bay (in other words, best not consumed before a first date). These things are also a great way to get your kids to eat veggies. Jack loves them!

The proof is in the kale chips, my friends.
Item number two is my Snuggie. This is a wannabe Snuggie that someone gave us when Jack was born. It's taken me two years to break this thing out, but when our heater broke a couple of weeks ago, and I was forced to work in my already-cold basement sans heat, I found the Snuggie to be the perfect solution. All this time I thought it was just a blanket with sleeves, a backwards robe that some genius figured out a way to make money off of. Oh wait, it IS those things. But it's also brilliant! The other day I was working downstairs and I heard Jack making little snuggly noises behind me. Turns out he likes the Snuggie too.

The Snuggie - not just for grownups.
And there you have it, peeps. Two things I thought I'd hate have made it onto the list of things I love. What zany items will I surprise you with next week? You'll just have to wait and see!

10 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

I totally want a snuggie! I've never heard of Kale chips before but I now I want to try some.

Shauna said...

Oh Mara I love you and Jack. I will have to try these kale chips you speak of. I too own a snuggie...and it may or may not be leopard print....

Mara Rae said...

i'm shocked! :) we love you too huney!

june923 said...

Kale chips rock, but don't bother buying them, they are super simple to make and you can flavor them how ever you want. We love Kale and eat it weekly, Christina just told me how to make breakfast hash with Kale and sweet potatoes. Kale is my favorite, had it last night actually!

june923 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
june923 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
june923 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mara Rae said...

ooh, i'd love to try making my own! do you have a recipe?

The Anderson Family said...

mara - where do you buy those kale chips at!? i've debated on making them before but if they're ALREADY MADE i'd give 'em a shot!

Mara Rae said...

okay, so i didn't realize how expensive they were when i wrote my blog post! i saw them at whole foods today for over seven dollars! insane! i'm going to try to make my own and if they come out well, i'll let you know :)