Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weekly Inspiration: The Yellow Wallpaper



Perhaps it is the Lucky competition that got me thinking about a short story I read in college, The Yellow Wallpaper.  After all, it is about a woman's descent into madness, and with all this click-click-clicking, I'm starting to feel a bit mad myself.  I love a good short story, and this one has stayed with me over the years because it's so brilliantly written and sort of implants itself in your brain.  I found it online, so if you feel like making yourself a bit crazy too, read it here

There are a lot of blog posts and paintings inspired by the story.  This post has some great images of rather attractive yellow wallpaper.  Of course, after reading this story, I have a feeling you won't be considering yellow wallpaper for your home any time soon...

Meanwhile, the madness continues.  Vote for us, if you dare!

http://contribute.luckymag.com/blog/my_best_connection-136/to_know_kim_is_to_love_kim-770

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh - I'll have to reread when I have a moment. Meanwhile I can't lift my right arm from all the clicking, and I just got a flu shot in my left arm. Sigh.