Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weekly Inspiration

Sarah and I have been discussing starting an inspiration blog (to include anything we find, well, inspiring: movies, books, fashion, music, art, people, etc.).  Until we get our act together, I thought I'd include a little weekly inspiration here.

Yesterday, a book came to our house for us to hold for a friend.  He told me to go ahead and open it, and I'm so glad I did.  Somehow I've never heard of the designer Roberto Capucci, but he is amazing!  Some of his clothing is wearable, but a lot of it is pure art.  Here are a few photos I took with my Hipstamatic App (a whole inspiration post could be done on that alone!).


I'm also really inspired by everything retro right now ('40s, '50s, and '60s) because of the book I'm writing.  Today, while waiting for the car to be worked on, I came across these adorable bikes in Hudson Trail Outfitters:


And this great car was parked right in front (didn't get a very good shot of it, unfortunately, because I didn't want anyone to see my photographing their car - you'll have to take my word on this one!):



Have any of you been inspired by something lately?  Please share!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, 'Here comes number seventy-one!'" -Richard M. Devos

Mar - I know it's been a tough week, but I know you'll persevere. That's how I know you'll get your book published, and one of the many reasons I admire you so much.