Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Little Makeover

So I've done a little bit of redecorating here at Scribble Babble over the past week, including renaming my URL. S and I are participating in a really cool blog all about doing what you love, and I wanted to make sure my blog was up to snuff when the time comes (not that anyone will look at it, most likely, but you never know!). S also started her own blog, so we've made vows to at least read each other's and appear as guests occasionally.
Last Monday I received an agent rejection, as well as one on Friday, but I also got a request for a partial from an agent I'd queried in November, so at least there's one more small glimmer of hope out there. I haven't worked at all on the new book recently, so I'm hoping to be more diligent this week. Grandpa finally wrote back to me, but he didn't have much to offer regarding his time in the war (he says we need to talk in person, but that won't happen until September at the earliest). So I'll just have to do my best improvising for now and hope he has some fun anecdotes to share that I can use later on.
(John is watching Airplane right now and making me crazy.)
Jack is doing well, finally feeling better after his awful cold (which I now have, of course). He is having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night for some reason (or he wakes up about an hour after we've put him to bed). I don't know if it has to do with all the changes going on in his life right now (learning to walk, learning to talk, etc.) but I feel bad for the little guy. He must be very tired.
(God this movie is awful!!!)
Well, it's getting late and I'm not feeling too fabulous, so I'll sign off for now. Hopefully there will be some more news (good or bad!) this week to report next Sunday.

No comments: